Words from an Irishman on his way home...

Monday 27 December 2010

What did we ever do without the youtubes?

I have had a song stuck in my head for days. It's one of those songs that reminds me of those happy (and what I know now to be relatively carefree) college days when I was still barely 20. It was driving me mad because I could remember all the words (the song has one line repeated A LOT) and all about the video (people faffing around the desert in animal body paint) but I could not for the life of me remember the name of the song or who sang it.

So I just typed that one line into youtube and up popped the video. I cannot tell you the relief. So many memories came flooding back. I am putting it up here in case I get a fit of the seniles again a few days from now and can't remember it. Did anyone else bop around to Dario G, "Sunchyme" when they were in school?



My search around for random 90s dance hits did lead me to a bit of a dark place, though. So I came across another great song and what was the first comment? "Oh I love this song - I love listening to all my Mam's old clubbing music. I'm 18 now and rifle through her wardrobe for her old clubbing gear."

Old music? Mam? Eighteen? I mean how freaking old am I? It was harsh reality time and I sure wanted to punch that little youtube commenter in the face for forcing me to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers