Words from an Irishman on his way home...

Wednesday 30 March 2011

It's going to be an interesting fiscal year: is that a foxy-moron?

Now that we seem to be leaving the panic response phase at work, the realities of how the disaster are going to affect my day-to-day job are starting to sink in:

My training plan for FY2011 (about 2 months work) scrapped. Start all over again.

A huge question mark over about 30% of my budget. They haven't said it's gone, but I won't count on getting it.

Transfers from our overseas offices effectively frozen. It hasn't been said by anyone, but the underlying feeling is that nobody wants to come near the new Chernobyl.

Recruiting new overseas candidates as good as dead in the water for the same reason.

Oy! I'm actually not complaining because I'm safe in my job and I will always be given something to do, but that right there is my work year fairly decimated on the day before the new fiscal year. I guess I've been cursed to live in interesting times.

iPhoneから送信

2 comments:

  1. It'll be a while until we see the full effects of the earthquake. I'm guessing yours won't be the only company affected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's harsh. I hope things improve. At least you seem in good spirits.

    ReplyDelete

Followers