Words from an Irishman on his way home...

Wednesday 31 December 2008

Bought me some Lebanese shoes

I went out today and got me some Lebanese shoes: as you can see from the picture, they definitely have a touch of the ‘Indigo Girls’ about them. I think I am entitled to be an honorary Lebanese seeing as how 'Despite our Differences' and '1200 Curfews' are regularly top 10 in my MP3 rotation. . Anyways, I’m well happy with my purchase - they are so comfortable.
I originally intended to replace my well-worn Campers - they haven't been the same since I had to walk through floods TWICE back home in Ireland. However, new Campers cost about 250 euro over here. Can you believe it? I would no more spend that on a pair of shoes, even if we weren't on the eve of the next Great Depression.
As it is, I got these Docs 70% off in the pre-sale for about 45 euro - you can't go wrong. I'm fairly confident that they're flood proof (just in case I lose my job and have to survive another *cough* summer in Ireland). And they're definitely sturdy: a necessity when you walk as much as I do... 10,000 steps a day, remember?
The fashion over here at the moment is either: for big, hob-nail boots with the trousers tucked into them; or for shiny, black patent leather sneakers, so I'm definitely bucking the trend (hence the big discount, I imagine). Sure not to worry, I've always been happy to dance to the beat of my own drum, sartorially speaking. I could, at this point, remind you all of my forays into red tartan slacks and stripy orange denims, but I think some things are best left in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers