Words from an Irishman on his way home...

Wednesday 14 July 2010

D is for Doppelbesteuerungsabkommen

Okay, for y'all i y'all who are learning german along with me, the words for today are:

Doppelbesteuerungsabkommen (DBA) - double taxation agreement

and

unzertrennlich - inseparable

And don't say you'll never need such random words. I used them both today! The first, to help my colleague figure out the payslip of someone we transferred to our german offices last year. And the second to look up a song from one of my stories.

Ain't learning grand. Seriously, just roll these two words around your tongue a few times and you'll feel like the most fluent german speaker that ever was. They're great!

1 comment:

  1. Which German soap exactly are you watching at the moment? I mean, 'Lindenstrasse', 'Verbotene Liebe' or 'Gute Zeiten, Schlechte Zeiten'? Some of them still pretty familiar to me ;) Sorry to hear (or read) about the Doppelbesteuerungsabkommen, I know EXACTLY what you mean! The good news is, as soon as you are fluent with those ones, you will be speaking German without any hesitation, the rest will go like on butter ; P

    ReplyDelete

Followers