Words from an Irishman on his way home...

Sunday 18 July 2010

Dribbling into my incontinence pants


I slipped into middle age around 2pm this afternoon when I unintentionally nodded off on a park bench.

It has been scorchingly hot and sunny here for the last few days, and I was enjoying a stroll in the park after a light lunch. I sat down under a tree, and it just felt so nice in the shade, with my full belly and a light breeze and the cicadas giving their vuvuzelas a workout. And then before I knew it, I was doing a very convincing impression of my mother watching tv *zzzzzzz*

I think I'd still feel young and chipper if it had been my plan to take a nap. But it is his random narcolepsy that I so associate with the onset of years.

So I am now officially old and it is all downhill from here: creaking knees, varicose veins and dribbling into my incontinence pants. But to quote something I read in the paper the other day, "Aging sucks! But it is still infinitely better than the alternative."

iPhoneから送信

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers