Words from an Irishman on his way home...

Tuesday 26 April 2011

Lunch on high

Sunday was easily the most beautiful day of the year so far. The weather was perfect and it made the calamities of late seem a whole world away. I had some shopping to do in Ginza, so I stopped for lunch on the 42nd floor of a skyscraper in Shiodome, the next neighbourhood over.


As it was completely unplanned, I had to go Nigel No-mates, bit it would certainly be a great place to go back with friends. It's a bit swanky,

but the lunchtime buffet is not at all exxy and the view cannot be beat.






You can see here how much progess has been made on the Tokyo Sky Tree. It should be finished very soon.


I couldn't capture a good photo, but this helicopter came really close.


Some women beside me even gasped. I guess we're all still a bit on edge.

The coolest thing was that I could see my apartment.


It took me a few minutes to get my bearings, but once I could find the river, it wasn't hard. As an anti-stalker measure, I won't tell you exactly where it is, but you can see my building in the lower left-hand quadrant of the photo.

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a great restaurant. I'm trying to decide which building is yours now...

    ReplyDelete

Followers