Words from an Irishman on his way home...

Wednesday 9 May 2007

Multimedia madness

Nothing new to report. Still waiting to hear back from my universities. Still cleaning out my apartment and recycling like a madman. Still absorbed in the ever-goring to-do list of holiday preparation. Blah, blah and so very blah.

A cruelly ironic aside: my little blog got the most hits EVER last week. You might remember, that was the week I didn't write anything and just posted some photos. One can't help but be a little offended.

So in that mulitmedia vein, I'm just going to upload two videos I hope you'll enjoy.

The first is a music video riding high in the charts here. It's called 蕾 (tsubomi) by コブクロ (kobukuro). It's a pleasant enough song - a fairly generic J-Pop (Japanese Pops) ballad. I love the video because it makes masterful use of the ancient art of hand shadow puppetry. It reminded me of me grandmother. She was an expert at the shadow rabbit.


For those of you in a rush, start the video about 1.45 minutes in to get to the good stuff. It has a parent and child theme. Very sweet. Warning to the people watching who have a delicate disposition: At about 4.15 it ends badly for one mother squirrel. An unexpected 'snuff' tiwst in the tale. I tell ya, ya never know what's coming next here in Japan.



And then the second clip is hilarious. It's Ellen Degeneres talking to Gladys Hardy, an 88-year old Texan grandmother who called her talkshow. Watch out especially for about 3.53. I nearly died. I already know my Sis will love this and my Dad absolutely hate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers