Words from an Irishman on his way home...

Thursday 31 May 2007

Have you any idea what the government do to unemployed people?

I've just finished my last working day in Japan. I breezed through it on fuzzy autopilot.
Then, when my boss asked me for my key to the school it really hit me: I'm not going to be coming back here. This is it. I have voluntarily made myself unemployed. I had a nice, relaxing, low-stress job, the best boss I've ever known and great students... and I've given it all up. What am I thinking???
I walked to the station with a deep sinking feeling. The sort of feeling you get when you enter into the unknown and leave the comfortable and familiar behind.
But I'm trying to bing it all back to the positive now. I'm on the brink of a new, exciting phase in my life. I have chosen this course for a reason. Soon I'll be travelling to places I've never been before, and not long after I'll be embarking on studies that will help bring me close to my eventual life goals.
It's all good (said while rocking back and forth in the foetal position and thinking of loft insulation and incontinence - lil bro and big sis, do you get the ref?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers