Words from an Irishman on his way home...

Tuesday 18 August 2009

Is there a New Tokyo in New England?

Another update about how my workplace is just a hotbed of rumour and intrigue.

So my boss's boss corners me after a meeting and out of the blue says, 'Have you ever thought of moving into financial accounting - we're going to need someone in Connecticut - and you used to work for a bank, right?'

So I tried to be all funny and light and laugh it off, and I said, 'Oh, I could never do a job like that again - I'm much too mean. I'd never let anyone have any money. I'd deny all their expenses!!!'

And then he was like, 'Oh yes, that's exactly what we need!'

I think I then turned kinda grey and walked off sort of laughing sort of sweating. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. Luckily I am now in a frame of mind where I am thinking 'I am out of here in three days time and I just don't care' or I would be slightly concerned about this latest rumour.

Do they even have soba noodles in Connecticut?

Pray for me.

P.S. Before I get any excited mails about meeting for coffee in Boston every other weekend, etc., etc., I would like to underline that senior management hints at a different overseas posting for me at least monthly and yet I have not moved an inch; they just like thinking aloud, guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers