Words from an Irishman on his way home...

Saturday 12 September 2009

Pusan - this is the last one, I swear!

At the risk of boring you all to tears, there are just two more little things I wanted to tell you about the holiday in Korea.

First of all, Dad, you have got to move to Pusan and open a cupcake shop: I bought these little guys at a speciality baker near the hotel and they cost like 4 euro! You've been way ahead of the trend on this one making cupcakes all these years, so it's about time you made a bit of money of it. Please note that they have Smarties on them, so my opinionated aunt can take a running jump.



The other thing was about the room service. You see I almost never order room service, but when I do I feel it's really rude to leave the dishes there to be collected without saying a word. So I always leave a little note. This time, I found out how to write 'Thank you' in Korean and then added 'It was delicious', or something in English. I went about my day and came back to the room, and, for the first time ever, I'd gotten a little Post-it from the staff in return. I thought it was charming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers