Words from an Irishman on his way home...

Saturday 28 November 2009

Am I really so abnormally cold?

Okay, to give you some background: it is about 17 degrees today.
Admittedly, that's not cold - especially for November. But nor is it
midsummer.

So, I've spent the day in Hiroo and Ebisu - two areas of Tokyo well
known for their high concentrations of non-Japanese residents - and I
have been stunned by the numbers of these foreigners going around in
t- shirts. I've even seen a few pairs of shorts.

Now, I mean, I'm not exactly huddled by some fireplace with a hot
water bottle - I'm typing this on the terrace of a cafe with no Globe-
destroying gas heaters - but still, I have on a down jacket, a scarf
and a hat.

Which leads me to ask... A) What is it with these crazy gaijin? And B)
How will I survive the chills of Dublin's polar northside this chrimbo.

P.S. Less than one month till I get home. Woohoo!


iPhoneから送信

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers