Words from an Irishman on his way home...

Sunday 18 June 2006

Dessert, or time to call a lawyer?

Okay, so before you go calling Interpol, these are not what they look like. They are in fact dessert... Japanese style. A lovely grape jelly, to be precise. Though why on earth the makers chose to package them in a condom tied at the neck with elastic is anybody's guess.
I nearly died when my student whipped these out during the teabreak in our lesson. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to eat them or use them as a suppository.
Seriously, could this refreshing treat look more like narcotics all ready to be trafficked.
I'm usually game for trying any and all Japanese sweets. And Japanese sweets are notoriously hard to love at first glance...sweet bean paste in a glutinous rice pocket anyone? But I really have grown to love 'my people's' zany traditional eats.
But this batch has me bested. I just don't think powdered green tea with a side of spermicide is my bag, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers