Words from an Irishman on his way home...

Monday 5 June 2006

Patochan in South Park

My little bro found this cool website where you can make up your own South Park character. This is his idea of me. It's so cool. He called him Patochan, and that's good enough for me. However, I was thinking of Lushster McRipple myself.
He sent me the site there last week. I tried to make my own version of me and it SO didn't work. It was bland and nothing.
I think you need an independent and more honest pair of eyes to capture the essence of the person.
When my bro did it he captured the effeminate side, which I wasn't able to show myself. Plus he got the slightly cold look masking crippling insecurity spot on. I know I'm reading way too much into this, but bear with me. Blogs are all about incessant navel gazing, right?
He also did a version of my big sis which totally doesn't look like her and yet captures her perfectly. For those of you who don't know her well, she's a total tree-hugging hippy. Honest to God, nintety percent of the time I see her she's either wearing a bicycle helmet or recycling something.
If anyone's interested, just mail me and I'll forward you the address to continue your own South Park madness.
The scariest thing about this picture is that, not only do I own those very sunglasses, but I also have the self-same hat in black.
To be honest, I'm neither a big fan of cocktails nor icecream (though I have been known to water down strawberry kisses with vodka).
If you were to change the image to have Patochan holding a stein of beer and a massive pretzel it would totally be me at the Oktoberfest in Munich. I swear it took me like three hours to get through that goddamn pretzel... the beer slightly less time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers