Words from an Irishman on his way home...

Sunday 5 November 2006

Always label your containers!

A quick story that might make you laugh.
I'm determined not to catch cold again this year. To this end, for the past few weeks, I have been garlgling and cleaning out my nose with salt water. Basically you make a salty, body temperature solution and snort it. This cleans away mucus and germs or pollen that have attached themselves to your nasal cavity throughout the day.
Now in my house, I have two big jars. One is for salt and one is for sugar. They have different coloured lids but are not labelled. They sit happily beside each other in the cupboard. I think you can see where this story is going.
For the last three days, instead of cleaning out my nostrils, I have in fact been snorting snorting sugar. Or should I say diluted syrup!
I'm pretty sure this therapy is not to be receommended. In fact, I'm probably on the fast track to diabetes.
The moral of the story: Always label your jars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers