Words from an Irishman on his way home...

Friday 20 July 2007

Happiness is a prism


Please excuse me but I'm going to get all 'American Beauty,' plastic-bag-dancing-in-the-wind on you for a minute.
In Vienna I have seen majestic, palatial architecture. Each building a masterpiece.
But do you know what took my breathaway on my walk this morning? A simple rainbow.
I was passing through a shady corner of a small city park. It was still early so the sprinklers were going. The sun shone through the trees and all at once caught the water in the air.
This simple trick of the light gave me more pleasure, more wonder, and will stay with me longer than all the fine buildings in the world.


P.S. I just like this photo.

The Morning Sun and Kaiser Franz Josef I



P.P.S. I feel sorry for the people living here

It must be hard: 'Where do you live?' 'Oh, just there on the corner of Dumb Ass Street.'
Is that anywhere near Smart Bunny Drive (a little reference for all you Far Side fans).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers