Words from an Irishman on his way home...

Saturday 7 July 2007

Thai Green Curry

My main goal for my first night in Bangkok was to have a really good meal in a Thai restuarant.
Now you know I've been doing the street vendor thing a lot. And that's all good. But tonight I wanted something special. I went to the restaurant of the Grand Hyatt in the centre of Bangkok and ordered the meal I've shown you here. It certainly wasn't hawker pricing but it was still way more reasonable than any equivalent in Dublin.
I may have let out a slight groan of pleasure when I tasted the curry - it was that good. I had already shamed myself in such a fancy place by standing up to take pictures of my food so I didn't care.
Maybe people think it's a bit weird for me to keep putting up pictures of my meals. But honestly, food of all kinds makes me so happy - it acts as a more precious souvenir for me than many things I could imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers