Words from an Irishman on his way home...

Saturday 24 January 2009

Mon Dieu! The video for this song is not how I remember it at all.

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=qDJR5sADwmg

I was shopping in my favourite shop in the world (Uniqlo) last weekend, when this song came on in the background. It has now been more than 14 years since I lived in France, but I still know all the words to this song by heart. And I never even tried to learn it. It was just on TV and radio all the time.
I remember Ophelie Winter as being so hot and so cool at the same time... and the song is certainly catchy as hell.
What a shock, then, to go onto youtube and find that Ophelie was channelling Jennifer Saunders in her best skit mode all through the video. Seriously, look at it and try not to imagine it as some comdienne taking off a popstar.
The scary thing is that I think everyone involved was being deadly serious.
So basically, shame about the video, but still a kickin' song.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers