Words from an Irishman on his way home...

Monday 10 July 2006

Look at it sparkle

I am now plumbing the depths of boring blog entries. I have abolsutely nothing to say. So I decided to take a picture of my extractor fan and show you how it sparkles.
Yes, that's the best idea I could come up with.
This weekend was a big old blah. The calm before the storm, you might say. Me and my guest are going to be busy over the coming weeks.
Anyway, I cut class today to clean my apartment. Things are always very tidy here at Cadwell Heights (see previous entry about OCD), but sometimes hygiene standards slip.
There's nothing like having a visitor coming to spur you on to action. I spent the weekend (and today playing hookie) cleaning behind the fridge, washing out the recylcle bins, clearing out cupboards and junk drawers, and of course de-greasifying the above extractor fan.
It was shameful - I think it is only the second time since I've been in this apartment that I cleaned the thing. And even then, I think I only did so last time because I had a visitor coming.
In my defense, because I never cook meat or fish (and never really 'cook' that much at all) it's never really that icky.
But now it's like a little sunflower smiling down at me as I prepare my morning coffee.
I'm not quite done with getting ready. The windows still need a good seeing to. I can't even remember the last time they saw a wet cloth! The thing is, in Japan we have earthquakes, so often our windows, especially in old apartments like mine, are smash-proofed with interlacing wires running through them. This means you can't even see out the darned things. But as a payoff I think the layers of grime are pretty well hidden too.
Big sis, you needn't feel too guilty about me staying home on the mitch today. It's not like I cleaned 24/7. I somehow managed to squeeze in sleeping in till 10am, two episodes of Southpark, reading the paper cover to cover, and a good session of yoga.
Nonetheless, when I inevitably fail my end of year exams, you are all most welcome to say that I have nobody to blame but myself! I will reform and study like a madman when my sis is gone to fill the gaping hole she will leave behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers