Words from an Irishman on his way home...

Tuesday 9 March 2010

For my mother:










Eh, Pob... Pob!Pob!Pob!Pob!Pob!Pob!



At the end of a meeting today with the president of one of our outsourcers - who must be about 65 - we got to talking about retirement and aging and how quickly the years go by. He basically warned me to make the most of every day as forty years seem to pass by in a split second.

So, I come home and ponder this and think about how, in many ways, it really does feel like just a short while ago - not 25 years - that I was sitting in the kitchen watching the above with my mother.

Of course, I don't know how deeply the kind gentleman's advice went in with me, considering that I spent (wasted?) my precious evening hours surfing the Internet, trawling through old clips of kids' tv shows.

And where would we be without the old www? How else would I be able to settle a long running argument that Pob's spit effect was in fact Mr Sheen polish, as I'd always claimed.

2 comments:

  1. yup, time really flies...sometimes don't you just wish that you can pause time for a while or that there'd be more than 24 hours in a day?:-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love a pause button. But there are some business situations where I would love a fast forward button, too.

    ReplyDelete

Followers