Words from an Irishman on his way home...

Friday 1 May 2009

I've managed to turn yoga into a contact sport

When you do some yoga poses, you can increase the resistance (and therefore the effectiveness) by using a Theraband - it's basically a thick rubber rope.

I guess I wasn't paying very much attention this morning, as I let the band slip from under my feet and the recoil hit me full force in the chest.

I don't know if you can actually see from the photo, but I actually now have a large welt under my right man boob. It hurt like hell and definitely killed my yogic calm.

If it doesn't go down, I'm going to just embrace scarification, tattoo it orange and yellow, and turn it a big old racing stripe.

In case you can't see the image (I don't know how well the uploads are working on this new blog), you can click on the following link. But beware - it's semi-NSFW - I show nip!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6669541&l=861c71a579&id=858385093

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers