Words from an Irishman on his way home...

Monday 11 May 2009

Where's Heidi at?


I went on a hike on Sunday with two colleagues from work. It was part of my training for the 100km Death Walk that I will be doing in two weeks' time. We only covered 10km on this hike and I was plenty tired. I'm kinda starting to get the flop sweats when I think about the 本番 (honban - loosely translated as "the big day"). Sunday was pretty much the first day of summer - it was at least 27 degrees and humid enough for my supposed "dry" technology t-shirt to be ringing wet by the time we reached the peak of the first mountain. The good weather made the scenery come alive, though. I think you can agree from the pictures below that we're just a yodelling Heidi away from the Swiss Alps. Not bad for only two hours south of my beloved Tokyo.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers