Words from an Irishman on his way home...

Monday 13 March 2006

Keep watching the skies! (quote, anyone?)

Family and friends would surely agree that I am a sky bore: I love watching the clouds, the moon and stars, sunsets, and the like. I do tend to go on about it a bit (escpecially on road trips - sorry H and R).
But I've been a bit off my game of late and haven't really noticed anything nice until today.
I thought this was a really beautiful metal-grey sky. I especially loved how the sun's rays were streaming through the clouds... very 'God is watching us...' (cut to me singing Bette Midler)
In Japan, people say I like watching the sky (and in particular the moon) because I was born in the year of the rabbit (1975).
You see, Japanese people don't see a man in the moon at all. Rather they see two rabbits, raising hammers, pounding rice in a mortar.
It's a nice story, but the Japanese people are clearly on crack. The real thing looks totally like a face and nothing at all like two animals engaged in heavy labour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers