Words from an Irishman on his way home...

Sunday 5 March 2006

Update on goals

I have been really busy of late. But basically work and study have been fine. As it's spring, there's a real feeling of new beginnings - lots of new classes, new faces, new names to learn.
From the last post you know that I've been trying to get my life back on the straight and narrow - being healthier, more centred, more focused on some goals. In spite of a few bumps in the road, I've done pretty well over the last couple of weeks.
It's been really rainy and grey here of late. That ususally makes me kind of depressed. But the other day I awoke to a perfect blue sky and a clear crisp spring morning. I went into work practically whistling. The heavens clearly didn't want me to keep that mood for long as, within five minutes of walking in the door, I had whacked my head off the door jam, tripped up the stairs spraining my wrist and spilled black coffee all over my notes, coat and the floor. I really felt like walking right back out of the building and going home. I persevered with the day and it actually turned out to be pretty good in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers