Words from an Irishman on his way home...

Sunday 22 February 2009

Best danish ever


So as is my wont, I arrived obsessively, compulsively early for the Cirque du Soleil show. The new purpose-built theatre is right beside Tokyo Disneyland, behind the Disney Ambassador Hotel.
With plenty of time to kill, I headed to one of the many overpriced themed restaurants in the resort. I am usually kind of against the whole Disney experience; I find the whole "Happiest Place on Earth" thing forced, plastic and somehow creepy.
HOWEVER, the hotel served the best Mickey-shaped (teehee) strawberry danish I have ever tasted: fresh out-of-the-oven pastry, lightly sweetened vanilla custard and oodles of fresh strawberries. Not a dollop of sticky jam or rank jelly in sight.
I would go back just for the dessert... oh, and the self-playing grand pianos, which I always think are really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers