Words from an Irishman on his way home...

Sunday 22 February 2009

Cirque du Soleil


The performance of Zed was fantastic - not as mindblowingly good as Allegria, but I think nothing they do will ever top that show.
Among all the amazing feats, the scariest had to be the tightrope walking. They do that stuff with no safety net or wire! I was sweating and my heart was in my mouth - and I was the one sitting down.
By the way, my seats kicked ass. Considering the tickets were a bonus gift to employees from the company, I expected my nose to bleed profusely. But there I found myself 10th row and centre right on an aisle.
This turned out to be the exact spot where the clowns come and do their schtick while the audience take their seats. So correction, the clowns were by far the scariest thing in the show: the spotlight follows the clowns through the crowd and lands on the poor members of the audience they choose to humiliate to keep the masses entertained before the performance begins.
My advice to those intending on seeing a Cirque du Soleil performance some time in the future? Don't sit at an aisle in a if you are allergic to either bright lights or clown groin. Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers