Words from an Irishman on his way home...

Sunday 1 February 2009

Ume no hana... It begins!

Well, blossom-watch 09 began for me today. I was walking to a museum to see an exhibit of Japanese teacups (as I said to my friend just now, could my life get any more rock and roll?) when I decided to take a detour via this park that has a famous slope lined with plum trees.
Man, it smelled so good being downwind of all those blossoms. The weather had been mank all week, so I was overjoyed to wake up to a perfect blue sky and crisp Haru Ichiban winds.
Anyway, I will now be obsessed with tracking the progress of various flowering trees for the next few months. It's a cultural thing.
As, I guess, is being woken up to an earthquake (this morning) and just opening one eye to see which way it was shaking (huge difference in threat between side to side and up and down) and then rolling back over to sleep again. Oh how I've missed that churning post-quaker stomach! Just as well I've got the emergency back up and running again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers