Words from an Irishman on his way home...

Wednesday 7 February 2007

Glorious News


I passed! I've graduated! In the end, I did really well!
It's such a relief to have the stress of waiting for exam results over me.
I'm not sitting around on my laurels. No sir. I've already applied for two translation jobs. To be honest, I'm not even sure I'd want them if I could get them. They're not back in the dreaded finance world, but most of their clients are finance companies. It'd be translating a lot of banking and securities documentation.
I also didn't put much effort into the applications. I just wanted to see if they'd even give me an interview with only a qualification and no experience.
The standard recruitment process is that they screen your CV. If selected, they send you a translation to do at home. And if successful, you go and do a translation in their office and discuss it with the existing team members.
It all sounds horrific and much worse than the Leaving Cert Irish Oral.
But I have to get out there and see what this world is like. And even if I can get into this world.
But just having to go through my resume made the sheltered, ivory towers of academia seem so much more appealing. Could a return to Europe be on the cards? Stay tuned, kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers