Words from an Irishman on his way home...

Wednesday 21 February 2007

So wrong, but yet so right!

From our continuing series on weird Japanese food...
I was given a gift of the chocolate covered potato chips. At first, I thought they were a joke: they're like something Homer would try and market in The Simpsons.
But they are SO good. The lightly salted potato mingles harmoniously with the chocolate shell. They're best just out of the fridge, and even better with a long, cool beer on the side.
I've talked before about how I'm inspired by the Japanese give-anything-a-try attitude to cuisine. I like what the Royce Chocolate company printed on the box:
'By breaking down old customs and producing consistently original items, we are pursuing a new level in chocolate enjoyment.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers