Words from an Irishman on his way home...

Sunday 18 February 2007

Films

I've just created my first ever list on my page. I decided to make a list of the films I've liked over the years. Two things shocked me:
1. How many of them come from the French speaking world. You would think, after the experiences I've had living in 'francophone' countries, I would never want to dip my toe in their cultural waters again. But you would be wrong. French speakers make amazing movies.
2. Though the films are from diverse cultural and linguistic settings, they all share the fact that they are stories of people in a state of serious mental breakdown. Thank God I don't put too much faith in Freudian analysis. It would probably tell me I'm a deeply disturbed character living on the knife-edge of full psychic crisis. Having said that...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers