Words from an Irishman on his way home...

Sunday 24 June 2007

Bibimbap (A future 'Bullets' song title?)

I really wanted to eat Bibimbap – a Korean delicacy of veggies and rice mixed with a spicy sauce. It’s great for vegetarians as you mix the ingredients yourself at the table so you can just ask them to leave out the meat. This delicious creation was again only about 4 euro. How can all this food cost the same as a cup of coffee in the same city? I don’t understand the market. The waiter had put me off ordering another version of this dish as he said the sauce was very spicy. The one pictured above would be milder he said. I was a little offended as I really like spicy food. I’m no lightweight. Thank God I listened to his advice. My so-called ‘sweet’ sauce was plenty spicy. I wonder what he hotter version would have been like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers