Words from an Irishman on his way home...

Thursday 28 June 2007

Street vendor vegetarian curry, Singapore

After trying my best to take a few photos without ruining my camera I headed to a nearby street market. I bought this vegetarian curry from a street hawker for only 4 Singapore dollars (about 2 euro). Can you believe what good value that is? They get zero points for presentation. They simply took a FILTHY plastic tray and threw some greaseproof paper on top and then lobbed the food right down on top of that. But the taste was great. Cheap tasty food available 24 hours a day is one of Singapore’s major draws. I did feel a little rough that afternoon. It was probably the worms making a nice, comfy home in my intestine. But sure they’ll help keep the weight down and keep my sprightly and light for all the travelling I’ve yet to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers