Words from an Irishman on his way home...

Sunday 17 June 2007

Dreams come true



About two hours before sunset, the weather miraculously cleared. I immediately ran down to the beach to collect a seashell as a souvenir (I know, I’m a twelve year old girl).
After I walked the length of the beach. I’ve somehow clocked up 11km today. It doesn’t feel like I’ve walked that at all.
I got back to the hotel to realize a long-dream. For as long as I’ve been in Japan, I’ve fantasized about sitting on a balcony, sipping a beer, and watching the sun set over Okinawa. Today, that wish became a reality.
I feel like the luckiest guy in the world. I keep thinking I don’t deserve such good fortune – I’m not that nice a person.
But this trip is really happening. I couldn’t be happier or more thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers