Words from an Irishman on his way home...

Friday 25 August 2006

Capsicums in the Crapper?

Continued evidence that, as a teacher, I am not worth the money I’m paid.
In class with my two little eight-year-old students reviewing fruits and vegetables. Real back to basics stuff. Done it a million times with them before.
In their defence (and mine) I guess it was the first lesson back after a month’s vacation. But still…
So we were working our way through the list,
‘What is this?’ ‘Asparagus.’ ‘Check.’ ‘Pumpkin.’ ‘Check.’ ‘Banana.’ ‘Check.’ ‘Toilet.’ ‘Ch.. huh? What?’
At first I thought he was having me on, but the little rascal was deadly serious. Bear in mind that I was at this moment pointing to a fresh, green, bell pepper.
‘Toilet?’ I asked him.
‘Uh, toilet, toilet!’ he said.
I was like, ‘That’s not a toilet!’
And he was like, (make sure to say the next piece in a little Japanese accent) ‘Uh, toilet, toilet PEPPER.’
Jeez!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers