Words from an Irishman on his way home...

Wednesday 16 August 2006

I thought I knew them so well

OMG I can't believe I found this. Does anyone else remember it? It's the first 'pop' (?) song I remember making any sort of impact on me. Well, I was only 10! Not that my taste has improved very much since then. Something to which many of you could attest.




The thing is, Elaine was prolly my age when this was recorded and yet she looks so old. Sadly, that's almost certainly something grandchildren will be saying in the future when they look at pictures of me from now.


'But she is just such a potato actress....I mean, petite actress, petite actress.' (Quote?)


And who ever knew Barbara Dickson was a trannie.


Oh and those stupid fake mics they always used to have to hold on TOTP. At least the two old pros (no pun intended - well maybe not for Babs) are kind of pretending to sing into them. I remember some acts whose lip-synching was so bad the actual equipment and their mouths new only the briefest of acquaintances.


But lads, I seriously have a problem. Somebody take my youtube away from me before I go looking for episodes of 'Wanderly Wagon' or the marvellous Slighty Bonkers from 'Forty Coats.' I'm one childhood flashback away from completely regressing to a childhood state.


As it is, I'm already foetal and sucking on my thumb... but that's just for kicks.


Oh, I had to say that to balance out the heavy, PC stuff that was going on on this blog yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers