Words from an Irishman on his way home...

Sunday 22 October 2006

Figs

My day today in Japanese school was doodoo on a stick. I'm back to my rightful place at the bottom of the class. It sucks. I've lost that bouncy, optimistic feeling about passing the year. It was nice for the two weeks it lasted. But sure onwards and upwards. I don't want to be a gloomy Gus. 'Today is the youngest day...' and all that jazz.
So I've decided I want to talk to you about figs.
I am a recent convert to the fig. I've never been a big fan of the dried variety. But fresh ones are delicious. I mean just look at that plump, red goodness.
I know, hark at me! A scrubber from the Northside banging on about such exotic delicacies.
But seriously, now is the best season. Wherever you are, go out and getcha fig on!
P.S. This advice may not apply to our dear readers in the Southern Hemisphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers